Consultant and strategist for visual communication, advertising and art projects. Graphic designer, videographer and art director holding academic and professional background with solid experience in corporate image, branding design, marketing and advertising strategies for companies, educational or social organizations.
Clients portfolio gathered through the years include: Advertising agencies, Multimedia production, Edutainment software, Museums, Marketing, Corporate image and communication strategies for companies, organizations, schools and academies. To have a glimpse of some jobs done for them, please visit the SHOWCASE / GALLERY
Education, competences and skills
Education profile based on humanities high school and a degree in Mass Communication and advertising at UCAB (Andres Bello Catholic University) (final thesis: “Visual Communication: The cognitive role in visual perception”), combined with a myriad of training courses in drawing, painting techniques, video drama production, digital video editing, web design (html & css), etc..
Technical skills comprise proficiency and high level of expertise managing many of the Adobe Creative Suite components like: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, as well as Apple Final Cut Pro, etc… Additional expertise are based on the massive use and latest activism of Open Source software oriented to creative fields like: LibreOffice, GIMP, Krita, Darktable, Inkscape, Scribus, Kdenlive, OLIVE Video Editor, Blender 3D, among others.
Other personal qualities worth mention are:
- Ability to conceptualize any idea in visual concepts and codes.
- Activist and big supporter of Open Source Software developments, particularly of those focused on graphics and video editing.
- An enthusiast in innovative and disruptive technologies like blockchain and decentralized networks.
- Excellent understanding and implementation of advertising & marketing principles in any kind of production.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member, deal with pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work schedules.
- Ability to take on responsibilities as well as to manage and coordinate.
- Aptitude to share knowledge with others.
- Enjoy being part of a creative and challenging team oriented to goal achievement.
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Italian.
- Understanding of the communication process within a multicultural context.
Areas of expertise (services)
Visual Communication & Graphic Design
- Logos, branding and corporate identity
- Illustrations, photo-retouch and image manipulation
- Page layout for brochures, magazines, booklets and books
- Websites and user interfaces (UI)
- Video editing and video compositing
Web Design, Web Administration & SEO
- Conceptualization, design and development of responsive websites
- Web administration & SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Social media and network echo management
Video Editing & Compositing
Corporate and artistic video editing service for any kind of purpose. Specialized in restoration of old or damaged videos with poor audio and image quality through the use of image enhancement and audio sync software, tools and methods.
Concept Developments & Strategies
- Concept developments and strategies implementation for IT and communication projects
- Conceptualization of ideas and planning for Startup projects (IT, Apps, Internet platforms, etc) with social development purposes.
- Open Source, Decentralization and blockchain orientated projects
Projects, initiatives, activism and engagement
- Bioprintable.com – The bioprinting network (site prototype)
- Vj / Videoteca – A “hobby” YouTube channel posting particular, yet eclectic, kind of music with re-created and “reinvented” video clips. Mainly featuring Spanish-speaking singers among others.
- ARTOPGA – ARTOPGA / Art Open Gallery – An open community to showcase artwork, cryptoart / nftart and help promote new artists. #NFTs #nftart #cryptoart #digitalart #Art.
- STUDIOSS.org – STUDIOSS.org / Open Source Studio. Creative Lab & Production Studio entirely run on Open Source Software. An open production studio based on a collaborative concept. A helpful community willing to share news and tips to promote the use of open source software, as an alternative to commercial ones. #graphicdesign #videoediting #animation #opensource #art.
- Paintings – Oil paintings and classic techniques of artistic expression. A journey into my artistic roots. Getting back to origins.
User support (other on-line communities)
- Scribus – Open Source Desktop Publishing – Creator and admin of a nonprofit Facebook community to share tips on the use of Scribus.
- OLIVE Video Editor Community – Creator and admin of a nonprofit Facebook community to share tips on the use of this promising open source video editing software.